New warehouse space is required at short notice, suitable ground already exists at the company premises. But the minimum distance from the existing building cannot be met as stipulated in the state building code? Flexible temporary buildings from Herchenbach allow the project to be easily implemented in no time at all. As the buildings from Herchenbach feature a special roof tarpaulin in different designs. Two of these designs are also approved as so-called “hard roofing” with demonstrable fire protection.
Herchenbach uses high-quality roofing textile made of highly tear-resistant industrial PVC tarpaulin for its aluminium temporary buildings. The roof tarpaulin is authorised for permanent use over a service life of 50 years. All Herchenbach roof tarpaulin is easily mounted via a strip-groove system and offers 99.8% of UVA and UVB radiation. In order to meet fire protection requirements, Herchenbach offers two special roofing textiles.
+ Equipped with a special fibre glass fleece
+ Meets all legal requirements for hard roofing
+ Resistant to heat and flying sparks
+ Prevents flashover in the building
+ Same equipment as Heba-Dach +
+ Additional polyester fleece
+ Better insulation
In both versions, an inner tarpaulin ensures that condensation does not penetrate into the building or drip onto the stored goods.
The textile roofing of the temporary buildings acts as a smoke ventilation area in the event of a fire. If approval authorities place requirements on smoke and heat exhaust ventilation systems (SHEV), SHEV systems can also be integrated into the building roof. The Herchenbach system is certified according to EN 12101-2. A building covering up to 400 m² can be ventilated with a SHEV system. In the case of larger buildings and corresponding requirements, additional systems need to be installed.
The workplace ordinance, which governs the safety and health protection of employees including in temporary buildings, stipulates: All warehouses generally require escape doors. Depending on the use of the building, two door models are available: Emergency exit and panic exit. Thanks to the special opening mechanism, the temporary building can be opened from the inside at any time without a key.
The emergency exit – ideal for temporary buildings not open to the public
- The cost-effective variant
- Can be used according to EN 179, if the building is not intended to be open to the public and all employees have been instructed on its proper operation
- To release the door, the handle is pulled down or in the direction of the hinges, the door is then pushed outwards
- Minimum level of burglary protection even in the simplest variant
The panic exit – for temporary buildings open to the public
- Can be used according to EN 1125
- Operation is intuitive: a bar is fitted across the width of the door, if pressed in the direction of escape, the door opens immediately
- As the panic exit is the higher-quality variant, planning law considers this as an emergency exit but not vice versa
Special roofing and additional equipment make the fire protection of Herchenbach temporary buildings first class. Safety can thus be enhanced in a simple and swift manner. Find out how your building optimally meets fire protection requirements.