Passion + responsibility as
National Marketing Manager UK (B2B industrial environment) – 100% remote / Home Office
We are an owner-managed, medium-sized company based in Hennef (greater Cologne area) of Germany and are one of Europe’s leading providers of modular storage buildings, specialising in lightweight construction technologies. Uncompromising customer focus, reliability and quality have ensured us strong national and international growth. Our customers include DAX corporations as well as medium-sized companies throughout Europe and for certain clients globally. We have repeatedly been awarded the Top100 Innovation Award for our innovative strength and speed and have received several independent awards as a "Top Employer" in recent years.
After concentrating on consolidating our position as market leader in our core market (DACH region) until 2019, in essence through a targeted, innovative and successful marketing strategy! We feel sure that it is now is the right time to enter new and existing markets with the same passion, strategy , level of quality and commitment to both its clients and employee’s. We have been represented in the UK by a subsidiary since 2015, however, until now we have designed and managed all marketing related activities for the UK market completely centrally from our headquarters in Germany. The learning from our highly successful business model has led us to evolve and focus on new, innovative strategies, led through our dedicated communication campaigns to meet the complex demands of the English-speaking market, which increasingly requires high-quality fresh content. Due to the ever changing developments and specifics of each market, it has becoming increasingly difficult for us to identify and implement effective marketing strategies that relate to the market, and also to be able to consider the support of external service providers from one central location, considering the often complex cultural and language differences involved. Moreover, evaluating remotely and without the relevant behavioural science of the target markets, our German marketing professionals will never acquire the same cultural intuition regarding the mentality in the UK based business world as that of a native. Not to mention the current local trends and developments. Therefore, today we are looking for a versatile, independent and entrepreneurial marketing professional with a comprehensive understanding of local market conditions, developments and trends, as well as a keen sense for high-quality, target group-oriented B2B customer communication.
Our aim with this key role, is to continue to build on our premium brand image as a provider of turnkey modular storage solutions to a wide range of partners from different industries and sectors, and to increase effectiveness and efficiency in generating new qualified leads within a clearly defined target group of potential key accounts in the English-speaking markets. With your proven methodology as well as your practical knowledge, this position will help support your German colleagues from management, marketing, sales and product development as a competent sparring partner in all phases of the development, modification and implementation of our multichannel marketing strategy. You will analyse the specifics of the local market and create an advertising plan and communication strategy that is finely tuned to the specific cultural characteristics of the country, whilst at the same time still fundamentally harmonised with our brand image. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the resulting campaigns, created by yourself, but above all with the support of your internal stakeholders and a network of professional external service providers that you will gradually develop as you grow within the role. To be able to measure the success of your activities, you will also be responsible for setting and monitoring appropriate targets and KPIs. You will work very closely with our National Sales Manager UK, but will primarily report to our Marketing Team Leader based in Germany, who will also be your line manager and disciplinary superior.
Although our UK office is located in Manchester, due to our decentralised organisation in the UK, the position will be almost 100% home office based. Therefore, the exact location of your place of residence within the UK is irrelevant to us. Only during your onboarding you will spend approx. 2-3 weeks at the headquarters in Germany, beyond that you can expect visits to the headquarters of approx. 1 time per quarter as well as occasional business trips within the UK.
- In close collaboration with the German-based marketing department and our National Sales Manager UK, you will analyse the ongoing UK market trends, niches and devlopements.
- Based on your research and our brand values, you will develop advertising plans and communication strategies tailored to the UK market.
- In addition, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and result of the campaigns defined in the advertising plan.
- You will define concrete campaign and channel targets whilst keeping an eye on required KPI’s and budgets at all times. You will interpret your results and derive insights to improve in future independently.
- In close cooperation with our editors and graphic designers, you will create advertising collateral and text for the various campaigns and localise our content in a way that only a native speaker familiar with the local culture can.
- You will build up a network of external service providers and internal stakeholders who support you in your tasks and coordinate these interfaces.
- You will have several years of experience in managing marketing-related projects and campaigns (e.g. SEO, SEA, social networks, PR, etc.).
- You are a native English speaker and can express yourself eloquently and with clarity both orally and in writing for varying campaign types
- You have acquired a large part of your professional experience within the UK and are therefore very familiar with the local conditions, eccentricities and purchasing mentalities in the B2B environment
- Initial experience in the search, selection and management of external service providers is a clear advantage
- You will work independently, be responsible for your own time management and motivation so we are looking for a candidate with a high level of commitment so that your able to organise your daily work and goals independently and efficiently
- Furthermore, you think and act in an entrepreneurial manner, are able to analyse complex issues with a well-founded, coherent approach and, if necessary, achieve your goals through creative and innovative methods
- Ideally, you have at least basic knowledge of common technical tools for online marketing (e.g. TYPO3, Google Analytics, CRM systems, etc.).
- Large scope for action and creative leeway in a key strategic position
- A permanent position with an owner-managed, crisis-proof and internationally growing market leader
- Working environment rewarded several times as "TOP Employer" by independent jurors
- Modern organisation with highly digitalised processes and tools
- Structured onboarding & individual induction at the head office in Germany
- Frequent demand-oriented courses, seminars & trainings (internal & external)
- 30 days annual leave
- 100% Home Office with quarterly to bi-annual visits to our HQ and business trips within the UK as required.
We think this is a very exciting challenge. Do you see it that way too? Then we look forward to receiving your meaningful application with salary expectations and earliest possible starting date and to a first, certainly interesting exchange in image and sound! If you have any questions in advance, you can also reach me at any time via LinkedIN and XING as well as at firstname.lastname@example.org!Herchenbach Industrial Buildings GmbH | Löhestraße 6, 53773 Hennef